A Week in Perspective.. BFL C1W1 Review
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Let me start this blog off by saying that I feel wonderful! I can't believe how great I feel and how strong I've been performing.
1) My mood and stress level are vastly improved, especially considering my financial and job situation -- this is totally attributable to BFL and exercising focus and control over something important.
2) I didn't miss a workout this week, and in fact exceeded the plan (and good sense, a little) by working out multiple times on several days. In my defense, the second workouts were not born of me trying to be obsessive, but of me trying to maintain my evening social and salsa dancing schedule while hitting the gym in the mornings.
3) I managed the diet well and was very satisfied with the meals that I chose. I had few cravings. My bigger battle to fight will be tackling portion sizes.
Things to Improve:
1) Getting in protein -- It's hard getting six portions of healthy, low fat protein a day currently. I will have to explore creative options to make sure that I am not undereating protein and and overeating carbs.
2) Portion sizes need work. There's been a few times when I've blatantly ignored them... that's no good.
Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see what kind of results I get!