I have so many ideas for blogs rolling around in my head, but first I want to get my goals for the month down. I'm not normally one for setting goals. I don't make resolutions either. I have ambition. There are things I want, improvements to make, but I never actually set a deadline for anything. In fact, I've never been one to respond to deadlines ever. This is why I dropped out of art school.
So now that we've established that this is very new for me, here are my goals for the month of August, along with commentary. These are not necessarily in any order of importance.
1. Get a resistance band so that I can complete the sweatsuit to swimsuit boot camp that I joined. The resistance tube that I have is not helping. My foot keeps slipping out.
2. Get some 2 lb. dumbells for use with my new pilates video (Crunch - Burn & Firm Pilates), although now that I have done the video without the dumbells I'm wondering how necessary it is to do this this month. Wow, I'm going to feel that tomorrow.
3. Figure out some reliable method of tracking exercise intensity.
4. Ask my sister if I can borrow her hear rate monitor. I'm totally not expecting her to lend it to me, in spite of the fact that she is planning on getting pregnant next month and won't likely use it for the next two years.
5. Possibly purchase a pair of running/walking shoes, depending on finances. This will allow me to walk further than I have been, and to go to the gym. I don't even remember the last time I owned a pair of running shoes.
6. Knit for 30 min. every day, or for an hour if I miss a day etc.
7. Keep on Keepin' on, and hopefully by the end of the month my only bathing suit, which is tight and uncomfortable and nearly impossible to peel off when wet, will be a joy to wear.