Monday, August 02, 2010
Overall I've done pretty good lately, eating pretty well, exercising regularly. I am up 3 lbs though and that is a drag. There's no secret - I've obviously eaten some of the wrong things and too much.
And here I go on vacation - staying with my boyfriend's family - where the control over meals will be - well, less than it is now. Still - no excuses. I can still do my best.
Here we go:
1. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water per day
2. Exercise at least 30 min. per day - walk, swim?, bike?
3. 15 - 30 minutes of yoga and meditation per day
4. Read SP when I can
5. Limit alcohol
6. Help with cooking, shop for healthy foods
7. Fresh fruits and veggies - 5 servings per day
8. Limit treats - cakes, cookies, chips, junk food, ice cream, desserts
9. Take vitamins every day
10. Set my intention every day - keep SP in mind - I can do this!!
11. Leave food on my plate when I'm full.
There - that looks good to me. It comes down to awareness, mindfulness, being present.
I will enjoy the company, the beauty of nature, feel the joy of life. I will honour myself and take care of my health - as best I can.
Almost 1/2 way in to my vacation and I am feeling very good about my awareness of a healthy lifestyle..........
Here's my review:
1. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water per day - YES. There's a water cooler in the houses where I am visiting - so in between cups of tea, I'm ensuring I drink lots of water.
2. Exercise at least 30 min. per day - walk, swim?, bike? - YES. I'm right off the boardwalk on the Ocean and every day I"ve had at least a 30 min. walk, one day was a 1 hour and 40 min hike, another 1 long walk of at least an hour and then a 30 min. walk later on my own.
3. 15 - 30 minutes of yoga and meditation per day - YES. Today is the first day I didn't do yoga in the morning cause I had a hair appointment.
4. Read SP when I can - today's the 2nd time I took a peak.
5. Limit alcohol - YES. Only 2 beer since I arrived though the travelling day I had copious amounts of wine.....
6. Help with cooking, shop for healthy foods - there's healthy foods here - I've had veggies, fresh fruit, natural cereal.
7. Fresh fruits and veggies - 5 servings per day - definately could do more of this, but I'm trying. They serve a lot of carbs....
8. Limit treats - cakes, cookies, chips, junk food, ice cream, desserts - overall not bad. Have been having dessert, and some treats, but I'm concious of it and know I can't eat what most are eating. I have said No sometimes though not ALL the time.
9. Take vitamins every day - YES. This is going very well. Have missed my multi-vitamin mix a few days.
10. Set my intention every day - keep SP in mind - I can do this!! Have not done this every day - but I am thinking in general about my healthy lifestyle and how I enjoy looking this way. So that means be mindful!
11. Leave food on my plate when I'm full. Yes, trying to do this. I even took a smaller plate one day so I wouldn't put too much food on it. There are a lot of young people here and an hour after breakfast they're eating spaghetti or whatever they can find. I need to remind myself that I"m not a 25 year old and can't follow suit!!
Overall I'm pleased. I need to set my daily intention, eat less treats, eat more veggies and fruit, and continue what I'm doing - being mindful, drinking water, exercising, eating as healthy as possible, saying NO!