As you know, my scale has not budged but I am noticing other little things that make me smile. I am learning that this is perhaps way more important given my TRi training. Here are a few of the most recent signs of change.
1. I actually had fun shopping at Chico's this week. Was not afraid to look in the mirror! I did not wonder what the salesladies were thinking about why I would even venture into their shop. I just shopped! (and was happy with the smaller size!)
2. As I run, I notice that I am not jiggling! (And I happen to like small on top, so this is GREAT!!)
3. I've fallen back in like with my legs and my knees! They are starting to look athletic and healthy again.
4. I was disappointed that DH and I had totally differently schedules tonight so we did not cook/eat together. I still ate healthy food, but I am liking our new routines delighting in our foods.
5. I planned for my looooong commute today. I packed some sun dried tomatoes and some cranberries and walnuts and a whole jug of water.
6. I was in a meeting and at the end I spied a table with chocolate, cookies and bananas. Do you know what?? The bananas looked more appetizing knowing that I needed to have some extra energy for the upcoming commute. So I snagged one!
7. I had a headache yesterday during the day and instead of reaching for aspirin, I reached for water. My first thought was "Oh, I must be thirsty!" THAT IS A BIGGIE, people!!! (And I did feel better.)
Yes, the scale has not budged, but I am enjoying noticing other little "budges."
Hope your little budges are making you smile too.
QUOTE: "You don't need anyone else's permission to be happy. Your life is magnificent not because someone says it is, but because you choose to see it as such." ~Ralph Marston
MANTRA: "Just TRI it!" DBH May 2010
TRI-ing: A total of 99 days to train. Today is Day 63. Days til race #1: 36! OMG
A short but intense run.
PHOTO OF THE DAY: This color of begonia is scrumptious!