Wednesday, July 28, 2010
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. ~Beverly Sills
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. ~T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom, 1926
I realized I never posted any real goals of what I want from this journey. So I have thought long and hard about this and so far this is what I got:
Weight Loss Goals:
• To get in the 200’s
• To get in the 100’s
• To lose 100 pounds by 8/1/2011
• Get my BMI out of the OBESE range
• Get my BMI in the healthy range
• To run a whole lap at the track without stopping
• To be able to run an entire mile without stopping
• To be able to run a mile in less than 10 min
• To run in a 5K
• To run a ½ marathon: Preferably the “Train to end Stroke” in honor of my dad
• To be able to sleep without snoring.
• To get rid of my double chin.
• To fit into my mini-goal dress (brown dress, size 20W).
• To fit into my high school graduation dress (red, size 18).
• To be able to shop at normal people stores like Target, Old Navy and not have to get “old lady” clothes.
• To be too small for Lane Bryant Clothes.