Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Hi everyone! I didn't realize it's been since June that I've been on here. Life has been super busy! Hope you are all doing well on here. Here's my latest update....
- Jon, Ian and I just got back from our Gettysburg trip last night. We has a great time! We went to the new Visitor Center and toured the battlegrounds both by tour bus and on our own. We went to the National Soldier's Cemetary, ate and shopped in downtown Gettysburg, went to almost all of the museums, played mini-golf and saw Despicable Me. We just about did everything thing there was to do! Really nice trip!
- Regan went to Challenge camp at our local college again this year. She had the best time yet, she said. She took 3D sculpture, Pop Art and Latin dancing classes this year. She actually enjoyed the dancing (I was not sure she would) and LOVED her pop art class. She did two pictures this year. One of them we all just love.
- Ian attended 2 weeks of acting classes with a local theater group again. He performed in several improv acts on the final day. I thought he was a real natural on stage and did a wonderful job. All the kids did very well, especially because this year's performances were on-the-spot impov. Quite tough. He is auditioning for a role in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at the end of August. I hope he gets a role. It will be his first audition. Keep your fingers crossed! :)
- I have been very busy doing yardwork and landscaping, along with trecking Ian back and forth to acting. I finished the first stage of my landscaping out in the front of the house. The tree is finally in plus the foundation shrubs. I rescued several plants (mostly hostas and ajuga) that were in my yard and replanted them. I added lirope along the side slope and juniper and sedum along the front slope. I took out all the grass along the sidewalk bed and planted lemon thyme. Along the front steps I've planted Rose of Sharon and several salvia. Finally I put down the landscape fabric, river rock and a TON of multch. I still have to add some stepping stones and other plants and bulbs, but it's a start. Now I'm moving on to outdoor painting and staining my basement floor.
- My dieting and exercising have be going horribly. We have had five large celebrations (holidays and b-day parties) plus a week-long vacation of terrible eating. I'm home for a week and then we are off again to DC, Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. I have pretty much shelved the diet idea until I get back. I think I will at least get a ton of walking in. I did in Gettysburg! :)
- I'm now on book #28. I finished The Passage (very good), Midnight (pretty good), The Hunters( good but unusual) and now am on Jane Austen's Persuasion. I'm still 3 books behind on my reading. I should have counted pages instead of books. Some of my books are over 1,000 pages long. Oh well....:)
- As far as my recovery, my hip is doing okay. It's still sore and I still walk with a cane sometimes, but I guess I'm coming along. The doc says it will take me a full year to feel "normal". I sure hope he is correct! :)
- My square foot garden is going well this year. I have already gotten about 30 radishes, 3 bags of Swiss Chard and 13 cucumbers from it. I have found some very interesting cucumber recipes that I'm going to try to get rid of the cucumbers. I didn't expect to get 13 all at once. Note to self, next year only plant 1 cucumber plant. Other plants that I have but have not yet harvested from are pole beans which are supposed to be purple on the outside, Brussell sprouts, and cherry tomatoes.
- I think that is about it for now. I've been very busy and not on the computer at all lately. Now that I'm more mobile, I'm anxious to get things done!
Hope all is well with everyone on FB. I miss talking with you all. I'm hoping to post some new pictures very soon. Hopefully when school starts, I will be using this site more frequently. Talk with you all later! Carrie