Things a chubby girl learned from running her first 5K.
Monday, July 19, 2010
1. No matter who tells you to...do not drink RED Bull before your race...you will dry out and forget that little piece of good advise about pacing yourself. My natural adrenaline works nicely thank you very much.
2. Other runners are a distraction that you have to learn to deal with...so are cars, traffic and spectators.
3. Rap music on the mp3 player will help you sprint to the finish line....press repeat if needed. 4. Timing is everything, especially with your music.
5. I'm stronger that I think I am.
6. I'm my own worst antagonist.
7. Lightening is the greatest motivator of all! You will move your butt to get across the line before God strikes you dead!
8. I'm pretty sure I can do this again.
9. I'm glad that I challenged myself!