Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


    NANCY-160   18,040
SparkPoints
15,000-19,999 SparkPoints
 
 
Thighs

Monday, July 19, 2010

I find it rather odd that I can spend hours each week running and biking and being quite happy with my thighs and what they're able to accomplish, but I spend two days on vacation at the pool with a petite family friend and I feel like a blob.

I can easily leg press my body weight, "wall sit" longer than any of the students in my sports class, outswim most of my friends, but then still feel the need to wrap my towel around my waist as I head into the showers when these tiny girls in their tiny suits walk by me.

Intellectually I know I should be happy, and 95% of the time I am. I guess the other 5% of the time I'm still a work in progress.

And really, if I'm ever going to get rid of the tan lines from my cycling shorts, I need to lose the towel.
SHARE
  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

GONE2014 8/31/2010 11:55AM

    I hear you.

Report Inappropriate Comment
CFMOSS 7/21/2010 2:51PM

    i will confess that i know exactly what you are talking about. my legs do me good...except for the past couple days when i've been poopy, i've been running more than i ever have in my life and my legs keep on trekking; in bodysculpting my legs keep on going and then i look in the mirror and all i can see....so thank you legs for being strong and muscular. Keep up your good journey Nancy.

Report Inappropriate Comment
LIZZYP609 7/20/2010 7:27AM

    First, good to see you blogging on Spark again! 2nd, You worked very hard to get those strong thighs! Be proud!

Report Inappropriate Comment
HUMBLEDAISY 7/20/2010 1:07AM

    During the last summer olympics, I heard an interview with one of the women's cycling team from the US. She said she got where she was because of her butt! (Meaning it was the muscle working the hardest when she went up hills!) I really liked that she knew all her parts were there for a reason and I've been trying that myself when I look at my arms.

As for the skinnies, I figure I can always sit on them. ;)

Report Inappropriate Comment
COCOABUTTASAKI 7/19/2010 11:28PM

    Its hard too be around the tiny girls. But I have just come to the conclusion that I dont want to be part of the itty bitty titty committee and love being a little bit thicker. Its still hard when I see the little girls tho... i guess we both need to work on that!

Report Inappropriate Comment
KAREN42BOYS 7/19/2010 10:29PM

    i think it's great that you've become aware of this. the disconnect. it sounds like you have strong powerful beautiful legs. take pride!

Report Inappropriate Comment
KAREN42BOYS 7/19/2010 10:29PM

    i think it's great that you've become aware of this. the disconnect. it sounds like you have strong powerful beautiful legs. take pride!

Report Inappropriate Comment
LILPAT3 7/19/2010 10:18PM

    Be proud of them...you grew them! I too have large thighs and well defined. I used to worry about them but since I have started doing triathlons and looking at some other thighs, well let's just say I am happy. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
SASKATIA 7/19/2010 9:54PM

  It's hard when you want to be proud of your strong body, but then see the model types and wish you were them.

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post


Log in to post a comment.
 


Other Entries by NANCY-160