Well, I made it!
Week 1 of P90X done and conquered.
I have to say I'm rather proud of myself. That was a very hard week.
Here are the short-list highlights:
* I told my trainer I was starting P90X, he checked in with me to ask how I did in Plyo and how many times I pushed pause. When he heard I DIDN'T he was impressed (not an easy thing to do, impressing Ryan!)
* I found new ways of digging deep and getting it done. I'm in fairly good shape and really struggled with some of it... But I didn't give up, and I refused to let it get the best of me.
* I LOVE Kenpo X! It makes me feel strong.
* I'm actually kind of liking the Tonyisms and look forward to them...
* I already feel stronger! (OK, it might be my imagination but I truly do feel different)
* Doing Jazzercise in the afternoons after doing P90X in the morning makes for a very, very tired Denise.
* Who knew ankles and knees sweat?? They do during almost every P90X workout!
I tried to tow the line and eat along their guidelines but weekends are a killer for me. I figure I'm not hurting too much by living my life on the weekends when I bust my hiney during the week and eat perfectly 5 days. I am going home tonight and throwing away the remainder of the Dairy Queen ice cream cake that is leftover from my son's birthday...it actually calls to me from the freezer. I swear. I can even hear it now....
I'm 2 days into week 2 and even though I feel stronger it seems a bit harder....I hope that goes away and I'm sure it will. I think my body is just having an adjustment time.
If you are reading this blog and you've always wanted to try P90X, do it. I can honestly say it's one of the best workouts I've ever had...I can't wait to start posting Day 30-60-90 pictures to show just how good it's doing. Push yourself, take your workouts to the next level. Yes you'll be uncomfortable for a while but it's worth it!
To all those P90Xer's reading this....just keep pushing play!