We are excited to launch our first round of improvements to the site for people with diabetes (types 1 and 2) and pre-diabetes. We know that diabetes is on the rise nationwide, and we have received many, many requests for these improvements. We plan to launch more enhancements later this year, but for now the new features for people with diabetes include:
1) An enhanced glucose tracker
, where you can now specify the time of day you tracked your blood sugar (pre-breakfast, post-lunch, etc). This tracker is on your Weigh-In page (and also at the top of your Nutrition Tracker page.
2) Improvements to your Nutrition Tracker
, including carbohydrate and calorie goals for every meal and the ability to track glucose directly from the top of the page.
3) Easier to access tools for people with diabetes. This includes:
- New links from your Start page if you are in our diabetes management program
- A new page
summarizing all our content and resources for people with diabetes
- A new page to make it easy to change your settings to tell us if you have Type 2, Type 1, or pre-diabetes (or take yourself out of the program)
In addition to these changes just launched, we will be launching more new features later in 2010. The biggest will be meal plans customized for people with diabetes.
To access this program:
- If you had previously told us you have diabetes during your account set-up, you are automatically in this program. You'll find a link to these features from your Start page and your Nutrition Tracker.
- To change (or check) your settings to use this program you can visit www.sparkpeople.com/resource/diabetes-diet-settings.asp
Finally, if you have any feedback on the program, please reply to this topic in our Managing Diabetes SparkTeam: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x629x35098942
We hope that these new features will make SparkPeople even easier and more beneficial for people who have diabetes. If you know of anyone else who might benefit from our free tools and this new Diabetes Management Program, please share this link
with them. Thanks!