Wednesday, June 16, 2010
1. Not eat after supper
2. Make sure that I am hungry at every meal
3. Fully satisfy my hunger at each meal with healthy choices.
4. Ask myself before snacking if I can last until meal time. If I can't, I will choose something healthy and full of fiber, water and vitamins.
5. Get in my workout (6 k easy, plus ST)
6. Relax and read my book.
7. Watch a world cup game, or part of one
8. Watch one tv show (So you think you can dance - Go Alex Wong!)
9. Stick to the meals that I planned for today (So far, so good: Kashi and fruit for breakfast, protein bar after ST, tuna and salad followed by fruit for lunch. Grilled pork chops sliced into some pasta with olive oil and veggies for supper)
10. Go to the bank and pay my taxes, city taxes and make a mortgage payment.
11. Book an appt with a new GP who is in my neighbourhood.
I need to focus today because....
My blood pressure is a little high (the upper number). It is high enough that it caused my my dh who is a physician to become concerned. To reduce my bp, I need to get to a normal BMI, continue to exercise daily, reduce salt and relax!
I am starting a new job in the fall. I know that by reaching my optimal weight, or even by just dropping a few pounds between now and then, that I will maximize my energy and present myself in the best possible light to my new students, their parents and also to my colleagues and administrators.
I have already rewarded myself for a 10 day no eating at night streak (before it has happened. LOL. I wanted to make sure it would happen, so I rewarded myself with a year's subscription to Runner's World magazine.)