Thursday, May 13, 2010
As I was dragging my sorry tired butt up the stairs this morning to put my lunch in the fridge, it occurred to me that I haven't been doing the things that were working for me just a few months ago. I was feeling pretty good, exercising alot and being comfortable with myself.
Right now, I'm tired and cranky and depressed. I have been going home from work and, instead of getting out and enjoying the beautiful weather, working in the yard, connecting with my kids, I've been plopping myself on my bed and watching TV or reading. I keep waiting to feel better so I can get out there and resume my life.
It could be a little God voice, but I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, if I resume my life, I'll start to feel better!?! I've heard somewhere that if we act 'as if', then it's a strong possiblity that the act will start to feel real. I know that certainly works with negative thinking. Maybe I'll try the positive version.
My friend Meddypeddy posted a list of things that motivate her, so I'm going to come up with some things that I want to happen, and act 'as if' they are really working for me!
1) I have more energy when I take a little time out of my day to exercise.
2) When I start hearing the jungle drums beating in my mind, I can exercise, and they will get a little quieter.
3) Eating whole foods and no sugar or refined carbs keeps me on an even keel emotionally and energetically
4) drinking lots of water dilutes out the bad karma chemicals--and I get more exercise because I'm running to the bathroom every 20 minutes!
5) I'm not doing anything else productive by sitting here feeling pathetic, so I might as well spend that time taking care of myself. then I might just be able to BE useful!