Sunday, April 18, 2010
Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity ~ Bo Bennett
I've been back on Sparkpeople for about a week now. I've forced (yes, forced) myself to exercise DAILY... I've cut out ALL sodas, I'm counting calories (in & out) and I'm really working hard! However... I'm finding it hard to find motivation, inspiration & enthusiasm... then it dawned on me this morning... I lack CREATIVITY!!
So, I'm working hard on starting this week off on a POSITIVE note... finding some CREATIVITY (to incorporate into my workouts) and getting MOTIVATED! I'll hunt down my inspiration (it's a picture of ME... it's packed in a box somewhere... but I figure that hunting it down will be a little exercise in itself!)
And... once I see the pounds shedding... I'm sure that ENTHUSIASM will follow!
Now... what to do about CREATIVITY???
* I can take walks with my kids around the neighborhood (and walk the dogs).
* I can hold a mini (10-15 minute) aerobics session with my toddlers (daycare kids) daily... they'll enjoy that!
* I'm sure there's websites to find exercises to do with babies... as I have 3 in care on a daily basis.
* Gardening (of course)!
* Oh! I desperately NEED to clean out our refrigerator
* I have cabinet doors to finish painting
Hmmm.... I'm not sure that this is very creative... but, it's a start. I'd really like to hear what some of your CREATIVE ideas are... so, where's your creativity?