stolen health survey.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
What did you eat for breakfast?
It changes a lot but today I had kashi cereal, blueberries, and plain greek yogurt. I also had some dark chocolate.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
Not quite enough. Normally around eight cups but I feel like I should drink more. I've never been a water drinker. Even after I decided to make an effort to stay hydrated it's still a struggle. I drink it if it's in front of me or I remember but otherwise I can go a while without it.
3. What is your favorite workout?
I am so ADD about workouts. It's totally dorky but Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs are nice. Low impact but you're moving the whole time and the advanced ones are pretty decent. I also like zumba and the elliptical. I'm more into cardio than weight lifting but I know both are important.
4. What is your favorite fruit?
I love a really crisp fresh Red Delicious apple. I know that's pretty simple but I could eat two of those a day, even though they are always really big. And I have to press every single apple when I buy it to make sure it's perfect.
5. What is your favorite vegetable?
Sweet potatoes. I loooove sweet potatoes. I can eat them plain with just a little cinnamon. Other than that I like all veggies.
6. How many calories do you burn a week?
I'm not sure. Somewhere between 600 and 800 a day when I work out.
7. How many calories do you eat a day?
I have gotten comfortable with 1600 but sometimes I eat more. I seem to go over one or two days and am really sedentary one day a week too so believe it or not I don't lose that much weight a week.
8. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Cheese. I loooove cheese. Apples, low calorie soup, and cottage cheese.
9. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Lately my lunches haven't had any structure. But I normally like to eat a salad with oil and vinegar dressing and some sort of protein.
10. What is usually for dinner?
A lean protein and steamed veggies.
11. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
My legs are easiest for me. I find that leg days are easier because you work out the quads and butt and hamstrings at the same time in a lot of exercises. I love dead lifts though because I love toning my lower back.
12. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
...I'm not sure. I'm not a big fan of upper body workouts. Chest maybe because I find it's hard to isolate it. My arms aren't strong enough to push enough weight to really work it out I think.
13. What is your least favorite exercise?
I can't think of any right now actually.
14. What is your favorite exercise?
I really like cardio.
15. What are your "bad" food cravings?
Lately it's most unhealthy foods. Probably just because I'm focusing on losing weight again though. When I'm not restricting myself as much I crave more wholesome things. Right now I could definitely go for donuts and burgers and pizza.
16. What is your go to workout song?
Lately I'm into Mika. Lollipop and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) are my favorites.
17. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Yeah, I take a lot. I take a multi, calcium, iron, fish oil, krill oil, coconut oil, Vitamin D and green tea extract. Sometimes I'm not always consistent though but I try to be.
18. How often do you eat out?
Too often. My fiancee gets four or five days off in a row and on those days we like to eat IHOP and Jason's Deli and Applebees and Ruby Tuesdays. But I always try to pick low calorie and nutritious options. I like to eat out but I am still trying to lose weight and eating out isn't necessarily a reason to stop thinking about it.
19. Do you eat fast food?
No. I can't remember the last time I had fast food. We might have had CiCis tonight but that's rare and we've been craving it for a while.
20. How do you stay motivated?
...that's really hard. I try to think about my wedding.
21. Who is your biggest supporter?
22. How much weight have you lost?
I went from 148 to 125 and then back up to 135. I'm losing weight again now though. Slowly.
23. How did you determine your goal weight?
It's a weight I would love to be!
24. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes. We belong to a really cheap gym that's mostly for body builders but they have some nice classes and cardio machines. I'm too self conscious to use the weight machines though.
25. How often do you work out?
I try to work out six days a week. Sometimes I take an extra day off though.
26. How did you find Spark?
Through a friend.
27. How much sleep do you get a night?
Normally seven to eight hours. Sometimes nine but only once or twice a week.
28. Are you a morning or night workout person?
I like to work out mid day. But I feel like I should definitely try to work out in the morning too.
29. Do you have a "cheat" day?
Yeah, I definitely have days where I relax a bit. They might slow down weight loss but I think they keep the metabolism guessing and my hunger levels and obsessions down.
30. Do you drink soda?
31. Do you drink alcohol? How much?
Hardly ever. I don't like to think about the extra calories.
32. What is your favorite thing about Spark?
Probably the message boards. It gives me something to do.
33. What do you not like about your body? What do you love about your body?
I probably dislike my arms the most. But my body stores fat evenly so I don't think there's any body part I'm totally happy with. I do love that I have a really good hourglass figure and I have a small waist ratio. And my fiancee likes my butt, lol.
34. Do you have a workout buddy?
No. My fiancee and I talk about working out but we don't do it together.
35. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to this Healthy Lifestyle?
I have so much more energy now. Before I was tired all the time and my skin was terrible and I was always depressed. I still wish I had more energy than I do but I feel so much better. I'm happier and my skin is clear and I have energy to do the normal things people do. I used to wonder how my best friends could wake up before noon. I thought maybe I just wasn't one of those people. Now I realize that my lack of energy just wasn't normal.