Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Boy! when am i going to stop these back on the band wagon blogs. Anyway - am not going to bash myself (i am very nice to "me" u see...) but travelling on work, the holiday etc had just thrown me and my life out of gear!
So on sunday - i went to the super market and stocked up on "good" food to allow myself to get back on track.
What am i doing is trying to combine what Rujuta Diwekar (Author of "Dont loose ur mind, loose ur weight" fame - Indians would know her) and Spark people advocate and making something that works for me
1) Rujuta recommends eating something small every 2 hours and no coffee/tea first thing in the morning.
- have succeeded with coffee/tea piece though i do have a couple of cups of coffee later in the day
- small meals every 2 hours - yes i am doing that - while she advocates not to worry abt calories - i am using the calories counter and weighing my food to ensure i am not over eating. This works u know - by 5:30 in the evening or so i am done- i am not hungry and have done away with the binging (I think so at least)...i try and enter my food into the nutrition tracker the previous day -so that i can pack my lunch accordingly. So at the end of the day i just make the required adjustments and plan for the next day
1) hmmmm not happening-this is my bug bear - i manage my aerobics 3 a week...its the remaining days i am having a problem with. I wanted to go on the frequency training (program in Jan-10 prevention magazine) but my knee has been troubling me and am not comfortable on the treadmill. i need to manage a walk in the morning and for thta I NEED TO SLEEP EARLY...which ummmm doesn't happen.
1) Sort out sleep cycle and hence exercise on weekdays can be sorted
2) Exercise first thing on weekend to ensure i get in some exercise
Also i have got my husband to read Rujuta's book and he is with me on the nutrition bit...shall help i think to have him onboard and bully him and hence me into eating well.
Guys in India - seriously recommend t he book - very practical and easy to follow...whether it gives results...ummmm that we need to see :)
the weighing scale has not moved up or down which is a good thing considering i haven't exercised in 3 weeks.
My body and skin look and feel better and i am feeling healthier.
And all this coz i was on the bandwagon for 1.5 months ----
The low point
What if i had continued....Ummmmm...spilt milk sob sob