Wednesday, March 03, 2010
This is a copy of the message board topic under the Spark Reader's Spark Team. I wanted to share with everyone my 28 day program highlights.
I had first started with Spark and half heartedly followed the program in Sept 2009. I had a hefty goal with great results. (please read my Inca Trail blog on my spark page) However, the reality was I knew I had a long way to go. Reading The Spark and the 28-day challenge was the catalyst to continue on.
When I read over the topic that we were to discuss, “how The Spark's 28-day program helped you take your program to exciting new levels, fueled your motivation and helped you reach new goals—and a new YOU!” I needed to reread it a several times.
I wasn't sure where to begin. I wanted to state my thoughts simply and concisely.
Then an idea came to mind. One of my fast goals was once a day journaling.
For the first time I read my journal from the beginning and....
I noticed a pattern. Little things, day by day, I could see a change in the way I approached each day.
I’ve included here the most noticeable accomplishments:
• I tracked my foods, all of them. One member pointed out to me “if you nibble, you must scribble”.
• I exercised daily. Yes, everyday. Even if for only 10 minutes.
• I journal every day. I’ve never written in a journal in my life.
• I drank a lot of water. A lot of water.
• I am becoming used to eating vegetables. And I am getting my family to eat them too.
• My health is improving, I am looking better and people are noticing.
• I have become a good example for my friends and family and have had numerous opportunities to “spread the Spark”.
I have achieved many things in this short time frame. I am fortunate that as my journey continues I have a place like SparkPeople.com to go to. I am lucky that I’ve made friends here that support me. It’s not just a matter of how many lbs I’ve lost, it’s much more complex. It’s about a gradual change, a move toward a Better Quality of Life.