I am motivated my reading success stories on Spark people. I also enjoy reading some of the struggles because it lets me know that I am not alone.
Here a 5 blogs that really have motivated me and keep me going to stay focus and committed.
1. I am motivated and impressed by SOPHIKKO’s blog because she dispelled the myth that you have to have a lot of money to spend on food to lose weight. I love to cook and I don’t like to spend a lot of money. She actually shows the food and the cost for the day!
2. I am motivated by our own leader DIFROMWYOMING. She wrote a blog, “I have lost an antelope”(8-20-09). It really lets me see visually all the weight that I am caring around. No wonder my back hurts me with all the weight that I am caring in the front of me (you know my twin girls and my abdomen). She is a great team leader and motivator herself. There is an old saying that the proof is in the ‘pudding’ and she has loss a considerable amount of weight and she is the ‘proof’. The picture of that antelope is so visual it tells a story all by itself.
3. I am motivated by an older blog written by SAYRAH-M on 9-30-08, titled Being strong. She opens up and shares some horrible things that happened in her life and how she persevered and went through her trials and tribulations. She dealt with some very serious issues such as suicide and rape. Those are subjects that are not so pretty and to open up to the Spark world is pretty amazing. I have to tell myself to stop my complaining and whining.
4. I printed this blog by IUHRYTR off and I put it in a plastic sheet. It is on my refrigerator too. It is, “Four Steps to Success”(8-23-09) I take it to work with me and I try to read it several times a day. I really like it when he says…….”act as if we’re serious about our journey”. I have made copies and gave it to several of my friends and co-workers. This is like a ‘magic pill’ in written paper form. There are no negative ‘side-effects’ and you can’t overdose on it.
5. JERSEYGIRL1950’ blog titled, Day 13 Shift your thoughts ( 2-13-10) tells me to pretend.
4. Pretend You Can.
Your subconscious does not know the difference
between pretending to be positive, and being
positive. (And, it does not care!) Pretend, at
least in the beginning, that you can do whatever you
set your mind to. After a while you will find that
you are doing exactly that.
I think I can pretend that I lose 100lbs, which is fairly easy to do!!! We all can pretend!! The office hours of these motivators are 24/7 and you don’t need to take a ‘sick, personal, or vacation day to visit!!
SOPHIKKO’s blog www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
DIFROMWYOMING's blog www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
SAYRAH-M's blog www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
JERSEYGIRL1950’s blog www.sparkpeople.com/mypa