Saturday, February 06, 2010
YOU CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF WITHOUT CHANGING YOURSELF!
I have this analytical personality and I'm always trying to figure out what happened and why and when. When I started blogging 42 days ago, I was so excited to have found Spark and so excited to read the book and set goals. The enthusiasm must have spilled over because I had lots of readers and comments on my blog. Then about 20 days ago, my blogs turned negative and people stopped reading. I went back to see when and how that happened. Basically I had dropped out of society by trying to lower the dose on one of my medications. i missed 4 social engagements, stopped talking to my best friend Pat, slept a lot, and accomplished nothing. Things were working well for me. How could I have been so dumb to try and make changes in meds like that? At least I was smart enough to figure it out and got back on the blue pill immediately. And I'm better in my head.
Now I have to climb back up to the level of excitement I had when I started and also catch up on my personal and business life. Always playing catchup.
The most inspiring post I had written was January 12, 2010, I printed it off to keep. That is when I realized that other diet programs didn't work because they only focused on diet. And Spark focuses on every aspect of your life. I was so excited about that discovery, I was a featured blog post that day. Now I want it back. Time for some new goals.
1. Become a postive blogger again.
2. Go for 10 days straight with nutrition tracking and keeping my calories in control while eating more fruits and veggies, at least 5 per day. (start date 8 Feb 2010.)
3. Cook five out of 7 dinners at home per week.
4. Keep desserts and sweets for special occasions.
5. Walk at least once for 3 miles with Pat. (week)
6. Do at least 3 10 min spark exercises per week.
7. Walk the dog daily.
8. Clean off my desk and file papers.
9. Gather up tax information for the accountant.
10. Attend meetings I am supposed to attend and chamber activities.
There. That is a good bunch of goals for me to do in February. Some I just have to keep doing. And some will make me feel better about myself, like cleaning off my desk. Thanks spark buddies. I need encouragement.