Thursday, February 04, 2010
I enjoy shoveling snow. Because I hate ice challenges to my weak knee, I'm an overachiever.
But tomorrow the Baltimore area is expecting a blizzard, beginning Friday 10 a.m. and ending Saturday 10 p.m., 16-24 inches. For two days, DH and I won't leave the house. Sunday will be our day for Snow Shoveling Tag.
THE RULES FOR TWO-PERSON TAG:
1. Person A sets a timer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, Person B shovels snow.
2. When the timer goes off, Person A resets the timer for 15 minutes, relieves Person B (who is required to go inside to rest and/or have hot cocoa or hot tea) and begins shoveling snow.
3. When the timer goes off again, Person B then tags Person A, etc.
On Sunday, December 20, after the blizzard of Dec. 19, DH agreed that he appreciated the rest after 15 minutes. Once we finished our shoveling, neither of us ached from overexertion. Our primary care physician was relieved.
VARIATION FOR ONE PERSON:
1. Shovel snow for 15 minutes.
2. Rest inside for 15 minutes.