Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Actually not so ran dumb, just random notes. have not been posting in a long time, not just here but on my live journal too.
So, here's what's happened in the last month since I've written.
1) Dianne Carol-Lee Leverette born 12/26/09. about 7 pm (don't ask me how she held off 'til I got over to the hospital after work but she did. she weighed 7 lb 15 oz so not quite 8 pounds. I'll try to post pix of her today.
2) I don't have any new pictures though, 'cause I can not get the pix to unload onto the computer from the camera so everything is at least 3 weeks old. I tried new usb cord and new batteries. It's either in the camera software itself (which I doubt 'cause everything else works correctly), the usb plug in (which is a very real possibility, or the computer software (which would annoy but not surprise me)
3) my oldest daughter came out for a week third week in Jan to see the baby and the rest of the family. The weather cooperated most of her trip so we did get to do some hiking around. Not that I hadn't been making a pig of myself while she was here and needed to walk. LOL
4) it's finally warming up. Last night was the first night in a few months that I didn't need to turn the heater on in my room in addition to the furnace. This pleases me because it means that my electric bills should start dropping below $80 a month.
5) I hates my job. Still. I really got tired of being an operator but unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything other than phone work. Would really really like to do something different for once. I liked working in the fab at the microchip plant but they're not hiring, probably will not be doing so for another year or two. Trying to find something that, well I can't afford to make less, but if it's closer, since I pay $40 at least a week in gas to commute, I could make a dollar an hour less and still come out the same.
6) getting a hair cut. Look like a shaggy dog. Haven't had a trim in almost a year.
and the biggie (besides the new baby)
7) quit smoking. Been 2 weeks now. Finally not quite ready to kill to get a cigarette but still wanting them occasionally. I have gained about 4 pounds, which isn't good but isn't too bad either. With the weather getting nicer, I'm getting out more so should be able to walk and work off those extra poundages.
Hope everything is fine in everyone else's world!