Monday, February 01, 2010
when I say I'm getting back to basics, I really mean it. I'm starting at the beginning and working on forming better habits and lasting habits. Here is my back to basics list to date:
1) Take a multi-vitamin every day.
2) Take fish oil tablets every day.
3) Climb the 8 flights of steps to my office up and down (or down and up) at least once per day.
4) Drastically cut back on diet sodas (with the goal of giving them up all together by summer).
5) Track my food.
6) Wear my pedometer each day with the goal of 10,000 steps per day.
I also made the difficult decision to give up my gym membership this weekend. I simply haven't been able to get my money's worth out of the membership lately. Now I have to work on developing good habits for working out at home. Wearing my pedometer is helping with this and I've been enjoying long walks after work with my dog, weather permitting.
Every few days or at least once a week I will add some new basics to my goal list. Somehow, I'm more excited about fitness and weight loss again now that I have decided to give up feeling frustrated and to get back to basics. Hopefully I'll start seeing results very soon!