By the time I went to bed last night, I had processed so much in my little pea brain. I got such wonderful feedback from all my Spark family that responded to my blog "In Search Of Missing". For that I most grateful!
So here's what I did: I followed TOMILYNN715's suggestion and broke out the pen & journal. I started working on the answers. Then I went back to reading The Spark-something I'd put to the side in order to work on my Vision Collage.
Here are the questions w/my answers in all CAPS:
1. Write all the things you love about yourself (these reasons should apply at your current weight or at your goal weight) And you know what, if you have trouble bragging about yourself, just ask us Spark buddies and we will tell you some of the things we love about you!
MY PASSION TO HELP OTHERS ON THEIR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY, MY CURVES, MY LONG LEGS, MY ABILITY TO TRY & SEE THE POSITIVE IN MOST ANY SITUATION, MY WILLINGNESS TO HELP SOMEONE IN NEED. WHEN I ASKED DH HE SAID WHAT HE LOVED ABOUT ME IS THAT I'M KIND, STRAIGHTFORWARD, AND HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SMILE
2. Now that you realize all the positive things about yourself at no matter what weight you are, write down some things you know you could do better or for the first time after you lose the weight. Make these your goals. These are the reasons you want to lose weight. Whether its run a mile, play with your kids longer, or walk into a room and know your "damn sexy"
RUN 3 MILES,SIT COMFORTABLY ON THE AIRPLANE W/ROOM TO SPARE, TRY HIKING & WHITE WATER RAFTING
3. Give yourself a timeline. Don't be too hard on yourself, like six months is only a chunk of time if you consider that the average human lifespan is like 77yrs. Stop taking things so seriously and make it a game. Make it one challenge at a time, one month at a time. If you don't follow your timeline exactly, readjust, look back and figure out what areas could've been done better and try again! That's the most important, never give up!
HERE'S WHERE I HAD TO USE The Spark TO FIGURE THIS OUT!
1.To lose between 123-128lbs by 19 April 2011 (This is the 10yr anniversary of my Dad's death. I know he would be so proud of me!)
2.To be working closer to home w/in 1.5-2yrs
3.To help others to reach their weight loss goals!
4.Get my home looking better!
Long term goals:
1.Lose 106lbs by 1/11/11 (I'm currently 293)
2.Find job closer to home between middle to late year 2011.
3.Take a Family Va-ca Summer 2011
4.Apply Flylady to my life daily!
Middle Term Goals:
1.Lose 47 lbs (lost 3lbs in January) on 50 Pound Challenge Team by 30 June, 2010
2.Go on at least 2 interviews locally by the end of 2010
3.Start reading Flylady's book-I never did start it last summer.
Short Term Goals:
1. Talk with God at least 60 minutes a day.
2. Participate in 50 Pound Challenge Team's February Alternate Challenge-this consists of 50 minutes of exercise a day and 1)post some special way that you loved yourself on that day OR 2) post something positive and "loving" about yourself. For Instance: Day 1: took a relaxing bubble bath Day 2: Dawn is an intelligent woman Day 3: Gave myself a manicure Day 4: Simone is generous and kind
I'M GOING TO TRY AND BREAK THIS UP INTO 10 MINUTE INCREMENTS AND DO THE BEST I CAN! IF FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T DO ALL 50, I WILL SHOOT FOR 20!
3.Type & update my resume and apply for positions that fit my passion: helping others to reach their weight loss goals/helping them on their journey.
4.Make sure my kitchen sink is empty before I go to bed for the evening & my bed is made up every morning before I leave-even if it's only MY side of the bed!
So you can see I've been hard at work. I've decided I'm going to post my Vision Collage right here next to my computer! I sit here often when I'm home so it will help inspire me to exercise when there is time to do so and I think I need to find a pic of a MOON & STAR or type my favorite expression "Shoot for the moon, reach for the stars!"
I am so thankful to be re-instilled with this passion for my journey. I don't like feeling like I'm lacking passion for this journey! So I am armed with God, my goals, The Spark, my journal and my Sparkfriends! How can I go wrong?!
Thank you once again for all the hope you've given me. It's like a
has been turned on!
I feel like a million bucks!
WE CAN DO THIS!