5 Goals that I plan on making as I get more healthy with SparkPeople
Thursday, January 21, 2010
1. I plan to get myself up to eating 5 fruits and 5 veggies daily by working up to it slowly over time to give my body time to adjust.
2. I plan to strengthen my body with cardio and strength training on a regular basis while trying to keep my bad knee healthy and able to maintain pressures of regular exercise.
3. I would like to increase my intake of drinking water to 128 oz per day to keep my skin, muscles and hair to be healthy and not growing as old as my age. ; )
4. I have a bad knee so I am not sure if this will ever happen, but the more I read about more and more people running and enjoying it, it makes me think back to my Navy days when I ran 5 miles a day. I ran 2 1/2 in the morning after dropping the kids at daycare and I ran the same on my lunch time. It gave me more of a confidence and I felt stronger and more able to accomplish things in life.
5. If I come in first place out of everyone in any challenge that I am in now or in the future, then I am buying myself a Trikke. I figure that if I can push myself that hard and do that well, then I think that I deserve something fun to exercise on. WooHoo!!!
I know that more things will come in time. This lifestyle change does not all happen overnight. You must use the good tools that we have been given here on SparkPeople in order to be successful in this life long journey that we are on. All the best to everyone reading this right now.
First you must put God in your lives and look to Him for all your needs in EVERYTHING. He is your maker and He sustains you in everything you possess. He has given you life. He has given you all your worldly goods. He provides the food and water that you eat and drink. He gives you the air that you breathe. He even gives you that next heartbeat that is mostly taken for granted.
So what will you do with God today? Will you take His Son Jesus Christ, who died on the cross to save you from your sins, as your Lord and Savior, or will you ignore the call that He could be making in your life today?