Thursday, January 14, 2010
So, I was thinking this morning about setting some personal goals to help me to stay on track. I have seen several blog posts where people have done this, and also a friend of mine sent me a cool website: habitforge.com. It lets your track your goals and form habits with those goals. Check it out!
Following are my goals:
1. I work on the third floor of my building. I often take the elevator because I am too lazy to walk up the stairs (pathethic I know!!). My goal going forward is take the stairs all day every day with the exception of the morning when I am lugging in all of my crap for the day(I'm a teacher and I have a lot of crap). :)
2. To work out 4-5 days per week for 45 minutes to an hour. This includes strength training and cardio.
3. To log my fitness and food on Sparkpeople everyday!
4. To allow myself to fail at times. I am often too hard on myself when I slip up with food or exercise. I am going to try to remember that we are all human and can't be perfect 100% of the time.
5. To continue to not smoke. As of today I haven't had a cigarette in 11 days.
6. To weigh myself only once a week on Saturday. I often weigh myself too much and become discouraged when the scale doesn't show progress.
7. To try new and healthy recipes. My New Year's Resolution was to cook more for me and my husband.
That is all I can think of right now! It felt good to write down my goals!
Keep up the good work Sparkfriends!