WHAT TO FOCUS ON IN 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
What to Focus On in 2010
You get more of what you focus on. Try it and see for yourself. This year, instead of allowing your attention to be taken away by the media, news, pessimism and so on, you choose your focus. Here's a great list to get you started:
1. Instead of wanting to be right, be kind.
2. Instead of focusing on what you did wrong or what you're upset about, focus on all that is right.
3. Instead of looking at what has changed, look at what hasn't.
4. Instead of obsessing over what was terrible that day, find what you can be grateful for.
5. Instead of feeling out of control, find ways to trust more.
6. Instead of saying mean things to yourself, choose to take control of your inner voice and create a loving inner dialogue.
7. Instead of letting an excuse rule your life, this year, step into your power and see how limiting that excuse has been.
8. Instead of comparing yourself to someone else so that you feel small, ask yourself, am I better than my 2009 self? Am I improving compared to me?
Choose any one of these commitments to radically alter your upcoming year. Then pick another.