Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Hopped on the scale this morning - no change since Monday. I had been kind of hoping that the high weigh-in was just water weight from salty food, but clearly going a little crazy over the holidays does have its consequences, and going back to healthy habits doesn't make that disappear overnight! You'd think I'd know that by now, but wishful thinking is oddly resilient to reality :)
Good so far:
- Following exercise routine.
- Tracking diet.
- Staying in the calorie range Sparkpeople recommends.
- Ran on the treadmill this morning - after the first 10 minutes, it felt amazing!
Areas of improvement:
- Where's the protein?
- Emotional eating - chocolate, cookies, etc., partially due to not being prepared with solid meals and healthy snacks.
- Only getting in 20-25 minutes cardio a day - would prefer at least 30.
What to do:
- Meal planning and shopping! Failing to prepare = preparing to fail.
- Need to work on morning routine so I can get in more cardio before work, or start getting in a little extra at lunch.
I have a new goal for January! I want to look at the various areas of my life (work, parenting, love, health, finances, etc.) and think about a goal per month for the year. I tend to go crazy with trying to do too much at one time. I need to pace myself so I can concentrate on one thing at a time and do it well.
- Think about what matters most.
- Figure out which changes would most effectively improve the situation.
- Come up with an action plan.
- Accept that some changes are easier than others and I am not omnipotent (yet, muhahahaha : )
- Consult with my husband so that we're working together and my goals are in line with his.