SparkPeople book ... check
SparkPeople.com login ... check
Signed up for Boot Camp ... check
Turning 40 in March .... UGH ... check
Need to get in shape ... check
Need to feel better about myself ... check
Need to be healthier ... check
I did the first day of Boot Camp today. I thought that I was in decent shape considering that I sporadically take BodyPump at the Y and never feel like I'm going to drop dead. Why the heck couldn't I jump over the stupid line on one foot???? That was just depressing. I made it through the video with modifications, so I guess that is good.
Eating today wasn't bad, though I really need to come up with menu ideas for each meal. I have a tendency to way under-eat on some days and then way overeat on other days. And on the days that I overeat, it's not on anything healthy.
So, baby steps ... just a few at a time.
1. Eliminate cheese, eggs and dairy to see if this is what is causing my skin problems (eczema)
2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water or water with Crystal Light a day (it's mommy crack ... I can't quite get rid of it just yet!)
3. Exercise for at least 15 minutes a day ... even if I have to break it down by doing something in the morning and something in the evening
4. Really take a look at what I am eating at each meal. Stop when I am full. Small snack BEFORE 8:00 pm.
5. For now, eliminate alcohol ... I don't need it anyway
6. Log into SparkPeople EVERY DAY and log my food and exercise EVERY DAY!
7. Go me!!