The above picture was taken last night at the Ramada. The kids had so much fun swiming and going down the water slide. We even got up early this morning so they would have time to swim before we had to check out. It felt great to get away, we definitely need to do that more often.
So day 2 of the new year and I have not yet completed the mini goals I have set. The old me would give up, throw in the towel and forget about it. Well, first of all I am not setting myself up to fail... notice in my prior blog that there are no food goals set. I am not yet focusing on food so there is no reason to freak out. I will not accept the fact that I am a bit behind in my mini goals as a sign that I can not do this. Instead I am looking at it as a test, how determined am I to accomplish my goals and make a huge change in my life? Extremely determined..... so to my procrastinating, chicken-little self I say..
"This is a test. This is only a test. For the next 90 days, your brain will conduct a test of the Emergency Body System. If this had been an actual emergency you would have been instructed to self-destruct. Because this is a test, please be aware that the HCC (Health & Caring Center) asks that you carry on as normal, do not ditch your normal activity, do not head for the nearest cheesecake, instead take note of your plan of action and proceed to the nearest self-motivating activity center (for a list of these activities please refer to sparkpeople.com). This concludes this test of the Emergency Body System, please have a glass of water and take a few deep breaths."
Whew... that was close... almost panicked but I have it under control. :)
So here were my goals for today:
Saturday 1/2/10 - Return to Spark and blog, find a Spark group to join, organize around the house (laundry!), drink all of my water for the day, complete and seal time capsule.
So here is where I am at:
* I have returned to Spark and am now blogging
* I have joined a new Spark team which I am excited about. I have been wanting to do a photoblog - I started one after John died but then my computer left me in the lurch and I never started back up when I got a new one. Having a team here focused on taking pictures has me very excited because I am really hoping it will help me engage with others and also give me something new to keep me busy with. :)
* I have had 6 glasses of water so far today, am now working on glass 7, will drink the rest before bed
* Have completed most of time capsule but will seal tomorrow when teenagers are finally home
* Organize around the house & laundry.... not happening. After the hotel last night which was FUN the kids and I went out to eat and by the time we got home we were all lazy and spent the evening playing Wii and card games. Since my oldest will be heading back to college tomorrow I decided to just enjoy the time we have left with her and I will worry about the laundry on Monday while the kids are at school. But in keeping with the spirit of my mini-goals I am going to set a timer and commit to organizing around the house for 15 minutes before I head to bed.
I guess that is it for now. I am planning on going to the 2nd church service so that I have no excuse to not get my 20minute workout in tomorrow morning. I am also leaving myself a pep-talk reminder note on the computer (first place I tend to go in the morning) so that I can't accidently "forget" it. I have a stationary bike that I will be using for my workout tomorrow while I watch the morning news. Since none of my goals for tomorrow had to do with house cleaning I can hopefully squeeze in some laundry as well! Hard to believe that the kids are done with break and will be back at school tomorrow! Time goes by way too fast. :)