Thursday, December 31, 2009
Last year, I made all of two resolutions: "Don't eat mammals" and "Work out twice a week." I met the first with flying colors, and the second...I think I can count that as a win, don't you?
This year, I'm expecting a lot more from myself. Hence, I have a lot more goals.
1. Start practicing my violin again, at least twice a week.
2. Keep my living space clean. There's no motivation in a messy room.
3. Try (at least once) kayaking, kickboxing, zumba, and pilates.
4. Run a 5k by March.
5. Run the Vineyard Run for Literacy 5k in October with a time of less than 30 minutes.
6. Hit 3000 fitness minutes every month.
7. Get at least one book published, write at least two more.
8. Lose the last 78lbs
9. Get the people around me to stop confusing "loose" and "lose," stop saying "PIN number," and stop saying "nauseous" when they mean "nauseated." (It's a personal pet peeve).
10. Join a hiking/biking/running group by summer--and keep up with them!
11. Buy my first bikini ever. Oh, and wear it.
12. Keep up my yoga practice at least 3x a week.
I know, it's a lot of goals, but I like having goals! Every week I hit all of them (all the ones I can measure per week), I'll put a dollar in a "resolution jar," so that maybe I'll actually be able to buy myself some of my rewards.