Fitness Goals for 2010
Thursday, December 31, 2009
I'm not going to call them resolutions, because they're not really changes but continuations. They are not in any real order and really, each of them feeds into the others, so there isn't a prioritization of any meaningful sort, either. These are all realistic goals based on my performance this season and the current progression of my training. If anything, I have erred on the conservative side. I believe in having goals that I can meet and even exceed.
I hereby announce that, barring injury or disaster, my athletic ambitions for this coming year are as follows:
* Lose roughly twenty more pounds without sacrificing muscle. Fifteen would be fine. Twenty-five would be stellar.
* Drop my 5k time to under 24 minutes. Possibly even to under 23, by the end of the season.
* Drop my 10k time to under 50. Possibly to under 48 by the end of the season.
* Run the Tely10 (10 mile race) in around 80-85 minutes. Or faster.
* Run the half marathon under 2h. Further revision of this goal at a later date.
* Run the Cape to Cabot 20k faster than last year, but how fast I'll know more about towards the end of the summer.
* Get a decent road bike and use it consistently and competently.
* Find a beginners' cycling group and ride with them regularly.
* Teach the 5k clinic in Jan-March and have fun.
* Complete 2 or 3 sprint triathlons and not finish last.
* Weight train 2-3x per week until May.
* Run, run, run and run, while still keeping it fun.