Friday, December 11, 2009
So I was just reading this article: http://www.sparkpeople.com/res
asp?id=685 and liked the "Miracle Question" idea. If while you were sleeping tonight, a miracle happened and when you woke up all your problems living a healthy life were gone, what would have happened? It inspired me to make this list.
Things that regularly trip me up:
1) It's too cold to run outside in the morning.
2) My ankles start hurting bad.
3) I don't pack enough afternoon snacks.
4) I don't cook dinner.
5) I get home tired and hungry and don't exercise in the evening.
Things I could do to make them trip me up less often:
1a) Buy long underwear and other cold weather gear. (Done!)
1b) Run on the treadmill at the gym. (Done once!)
2a) Stretch ankles every day.
2b) Be sure I'm all warmed up.
2c) If I'm at the gym, start on the treadmill and if my ankles start hurting move to the elliptical.
2d) Take my shoes in to the running store and see if I need different ones.
3) ... Not sure what to do. Figure out some good afternoon snacks and buy them regularly? Store them at the office?
4a) Plan meals for the whole week in advance, especially ones that are quick to cook.
4b) Prep the previous night.
5a) Clear a designated Exercise Space.
5b) See above re: making dinner and having enough afternoon snacks.
5c) Exercise in the morning whenever possible. (I do this a lot already!)