Here's to a successful 2010!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I have to admit to stealing this idea from a spark friend, but I think it's great and will be really good for me. She said something like, "What will I want to have accomplished at the end of 2010 to consider the year a success?" Here are some of the things I want to accomplish in 2010:
1. Run at least two half marathons, a 10K, and several 5Ks over the year. Get a PR in each distance at least once during the year.
2. Get my weight down below 140 lbs. and keep it below that once I get there.
3. Strength train at least 2X per week and do a cardio workout at least 4X per week most weeks of the year.
4. Take swimming lessons.
5. Pick a mini-triathalon in 2011 and start training for it.
6. Put together a plan for the career change I want to make in 2011.
7. Get and keep my entire house clean enough for company at any time.
8. Cook dinner at least 3 times per week. (Pathetic, I know! But I rarely cook!)
That seems like enough for now. These are not "New Year's resolutions." They are goals that I hope will keep me focused and on track. I understand many of these are big challenges, but I will make plans to help me achieve each goal during the next few weeks and will post them here. I hope having it in writing will keep me motivated. And I hope any of you reading will keep me honest and kick my butt if I lag in anything!