Game On Diet Done!
Monday, December 07, 2009
I am all done with the Game On diet - where I followed the SparkPeople plan. It was much easier for me to fit everything into my lifestyle with SP than the GO. Granted, I didn't have the weight loss everyone else had, but I think my family would have been very unhappy (myself included) for these last four weeks.
So what did I learn? (because to me, that is the most important part) -
* I can totally live without soda. Even on my days off, I didn't really want it.
* I like drinking water. 100 oz a day was a tad much, but on my "off days" I didn't feel like myself and I think that is because of the water deficiency. I will aim for 100 oz a day, but 64 oz will be a bare minimum. The water bottle is a must.
* I need to log my food - even when it is bad. Logging helps me eat what I am supposed to and keeps me on track. This is something I need to do moving forward.
* Fall is the time of year I gain weight. This is simply a fact. Between football season, the holidays, and the cold weather killing my desire to leave my house, I eat horribly and don't exercise. It was nice having a diet plan to follow on Thanksgiving, so I didn't gouge myself terribly all week. And I have resisted the urge to bake (although since the diet is over, I will probably give in).
* I may have to get comfortable with the size I am now. Looking at the scale and and pictures of me in October 2007 make me want to get back to that size. Granted it is only about 15 pounds, but it is the last 15 pounds - which are usually the hardest. Do I really want to push myself to get there? And once I get there, can I maintain it? Or will the pounds slowly slide back on and then I will want them off again? I certainly let them back on over these last two years. I don't think I can handle the up-and-down yo-yo of that. I put those pounds on while still eating low-fat cheese, skim milk, and the other substitutions that helped me lose the pounds when my journey started. I won't be "Fat Kim' again, but I may never Oct. 2007 Kim again either.
And I may have to live with that...