Thursday, December 03, 2009
I was thinking a lot today about some of the goals I want to accomplish next year and I am really excited about them. Many of the goals I am looking to achieve I think will steer my life in a more positive manner; from career, family, school, and self-image. I wanted to post them here so I have a written record of my goals that I can look at throughout next year and hopefully at the end I will have been consistent in taking the necessary steps towards completing them. I feel this will make me more accountable to do what I need to do.
Next year I am:
1. Taking a yoga teacher training certification course which will run from Jan. - Nov. 2010.
2. Continuing to take as many online college courses that I can (factoring Gola #1 in account timewise) to get closer to earning my college degree.
3. Be consistent with my exercise and try to do SOMETHING, no matter how small, each and every day.
4. Be consistent with my eating habits, continue to incorporate more "clean" eating recipes into my diet, and make additional back up plans to curb my emotional/binge eating.
5. I want to start meeting more new people for friendship and dating. I want to start making efforts to meet that someone special I've been missing in my life. I have been avoiding this a lot due to self-esteen issues and body image problems.
Even if I don't accomplish everything on this list by the end of next year, I want to at LEAST be able to say that I have made some steps towards them, even if it is just a small step. I need to keep saying to myslef that "I will...", not "I'll try.." or "Maybe I can...". I need to chnage my negative self-talk and turn every negative sentence into a positive one.
I am actually excited and really looking forward to all of these changes and the challenges along the way.
Thanks for reading!