Sunday, November 29, 2009
There are only 32 days left until January 1. I had set a goal to be 244 by Jan 1. I was 262 this morning. I know it would be almost impossible for me to lose 18lbs in 32 days. It sure would be nice to lose 10lbs though. I am a little disappointed with how my year has gone. I have had one thing after another this year. And very few of those things were really good. I want to reflect a little though so I can at least see the positives right in front of my face.
1) Avery was born!! The best part of my year by far!!
2) Even though Athen and I have had a very rough year, we are going to try harder to fix our marriage.
3) We didnt have our own place to live but we did have a roof over our heads, food in our mouths, and a huge support system making sure we didnt fall flat on our faces.
4) Erica became a big sister and besides the bratty attitude, I think the adjustment to having a new brother went very well.
5) I am officially back in a size 18. I have managed to get below my pre-Avery weight. Since June I have lost 15lbs and actually kept it off. Turtle slow motion but I did lose it and it has stayed off.
So, there are 5 of my positives. I know there are other little things but those are the big things. I truly believe that the coming year will be a much better year for my family. I am holding strong in my faith that God is going to take us to the next place in life this coming year. And I am confident that he is taking us there as a family, together.
And now for the last month of this year. I have goals I want to set. I never do monthly goals, but figured why not? Successful people have goals. And they write them out. So my goals are as follows:
1) I will continue with my low carb WOE. I have been doing well with it and have had much more energy. If it is working then there is no reason to adjust anything at this point.
2) I will take walks on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Tues and Thurs are my short days at work, except for one this whole month. And I am off every weekend this month. So these should be the days I make a real effort to do my walks. I want to set a goal of 5 miles each week.
3) I have slacked on strength training far too long. I know that doing the 30 day shred will help me with this. So I will do the 30 day shred at least 3 days each week. I would say more but I dont feel confident that I could meet a goal higher than 3 days this month. I will do it on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Those are my longer days at work so it would be better to have a 20 minute workout on those days versus a longer workout.
4) I cannot force my little one to sleep through the night. He clearly is unable or unwilling lol. I have tried everything. So it is clear to me that I will not sleep through the night still at this point. I can help myself by going to bed at an earlier time though. I will set a goal of going to bed between 10-11pm rather than waiting til Athen gets home, or waiting for Avery to wake up. More sleep will make me feel better.
5) I have increased my diet coke intake in the last few months. This month I will decrease my diet coke intake and try for most days to drink mainly water. Tea will be ok. On days when I drink a diet coke I will force myself to drink extra water to try and flush it out.
Ok, so those are my 5 goals for the month of December. I am confident that I can achieve these goals and I am confident that doing these things will get me 10lbs lighter this month. :-) It is a win-win situation for me.