Plans and Techniques
Saturday, November 21, 2009
1. Wear Tennis Shoes. Doing so encourages me to be more active: walk faster, sprint occasionally, skip and jump, etc.
2. Keep hands busy with non-food activities :). I'm a human female in America - this means I will eat when I'm bored! Lol. I need to keep my hands busy writing, sewing, painting my nails, ANYTHING other than EATING! (even cooking is OK, if it's not something I'm going to be tempted to eat during the prep - like, say, cookies, muffins, brownies, etc lol)
3. Exercise!! I feel so much better when I do. Even if all I can manage is 10 minutes of playing around with my Step, I feel such an increase in my energy, positive attitude (endorphins RULE! :) ), and I SEE such a difference in the mirror, in my clothes, and - in the long run - on the scale!!
4. STRETCH!! Tight muscles don't want to exercise the next day! Aches and pains are not conducive to a positive attitude or high energy level!
5. SLEEP!!!!!! Inadequate rest increases those aches and pains, reduces that energy level, stunts that positive attitude AND makes me want to eat more!
6. Give Blood. This helps me feel good about myself - it helps and potentially saves the lives(!) of others! As a bonus, they also track my vital signs and cholesterol!