Friday, November 20, 2009
Today is my last day at work. I was told yesterday that I am being laid off... again! This will be the 2nd time in a year and a half. Which is definitely not a good thing for a single girl who only has her own income to live on. The weird thing is that instead of being upset I feel relieved. Now when the bills start rolling in it will probably be a whole nother story, but for now I just feel like I'm free. If you read some of my past blog entries you can tell that I wasn't crazy about this job, well actually it was the company culture that I didn't like. And I was starting to feel trapped because I have been trying to find another position and/or transition into another field without any success. But now I'm pretty much wide open to the possibilities!
So I realized that I can do so much for myself health-wise with the time I'll have off:
* I get to to tothe daytime group fitness classes at the gym.
* I get to work out at my leisure, because I will have so much free time.
* I will have more time to make my meals.
* I won't have to make the sometimes agonizing decision of ordering a salad instead of the cheeseburger and fries that call my name on stressful days.
* I can take my dogs for longer walks.
I feel weirdly optimistic, even though I have no idea how I'm going to pay my mortgage. I guess I just know that He has something bigger and better in store for me than just getting by.