I promised myself last month when I started this, that it would become a monthly habit. I believe it will become a very useful and necessary tool for me and my progress (not to mention it helps to have it written). So, here’s October in review and my goals I hope to achieve for November.
1) What I accomplished:
- I completed my first 5K in a great time for a beginner. Woo Hoo!
- I gave up diet soda
- I started a journey to work on my self esteem/ self worth and start standing up for me.
- I’ve learned to better manage my time by prioritizing and creating the actual “to do” list.
2) What I fell short on.
- My weight loss goal of 4lbs.
3) What I learned.
- That I’m stronger than I think and if I put my mind to it – I can accomplish what I set out to do. I am worth it!
1) What I want to improve:
- To lose 3lbs this month and hopefully break my plateau having recalculated my BMR and activity levels
- To stay true to my fitness and nutrition schedule - NO diet soda
- To train and complete my first 10k on Nov 26th
- To practice control on Thanksgiving day (this shouldn’t be too bad – we’re having it at my house, so I’m in control of food prep)
- To give blood
2) What will I have to do in order to accomplish this.
- To be true to myself in my journalising and reflect daily to make sure I’m on track. If not – figure out why and what needs to be changed in my program.
3) What negative judgements on myself do I need to let go of to help me realize this accomplishment.
- I need to get rid of that little voice that tells me “I can’t do it” or “you’ve worked out 30 min – that’s good enough” and change that thinking to a positive. I also need to put me first!
Have a great November everyone!