Wednesday, October 28, 2009
So the second part of this process is figuring out where to go next.
Some of my goals are fairly obvious next steps:
- continue running (duh)
- run a sub-25 minute 5k
- bring my 5k time to under 24 mins by the end of next summer
- run a sub-52 minute 10k
- run a sub 2h half marathon
- run the Cape to Cabot Race sub-2h
- run a sub 90 min 10 mile
- complete two or three sprint triathlons next summer
There are other fitness goals that aren't directly running-related that are on my horizon as well. I'd like to:
- take spin classes
- strength train all winter
- gain better muscle definition in my upper body and core (sheer vanity, here)
- become a better swimmer
- lose another 10-20 lbs (this will depend on other factors)
I'm thinking of getting a complete physical fitness assessment done soon, complete with hydrostatic weighing, VO2 max testing and the like. Our local university kinesiology lab offers the services and I've been toying with the idea for some time.
So, next to figure out how to move from where I am now to where I want to be next summer.....