I've made it to my goal. In fact, I had to change my ticker to update my new adjusted goal. Originally I wanted to weigh 165 fully dressed or 160 first thing in the morning. This morning I weighed in at just a hair over 155 so I've adjusted my goal and would like to maintain between 150 - 155 (I'm a little over 5' 7" with a large frame (size 10 feet so "big bones"). Anyway I want to share what I've learned and what worked for me (and hopefully will continue to work for me).
First of all, hang in there no matter what and don't give up.
1. It's YOUR journey, don't let anyone tell you what you should do.
2. It's not a "diet", it's choices every day. Make them count.
3. Had a bad today? Have a better tomorrow.
4. It's not "diet and exercise" necessarily, don't let people make you feel guilty if you didn't go the gym or work out. I lost almost 80 pounds and didn't really work out at all (sorry Andi, I know that kills you). I will say I had a physical job running a warehouse, parked as far away as I could regardless of where I went, and always chose the stairs over the elevator.
5. Eat less than you burn.
6. Track everything!!!
7. Move your body more this week than you did last week even if it's just parking further away at the grocery store or choosing the stairs over the elevator.
8. Do NOT feel guilty about ANYTHING. The fact that you're on this site says you're serious about your lifestyle and making changes.
9. Do NOT let others sabotage you. The "one little bite won't hurt" will hurt, don't give in.
10. If you must indulge, have 3 bites the put the fork down!!! This amazed my employees who took me out for a birthday dinner and I had 3 bites of the "free" dessert and then put the fork down. You CAN do it. Everything in moderation.
11. Be accountable.........tell people what you're going to do (not what you're trying to do), and share your success!
12. Help others......share what works and what doesn't.
13. Start every day like a brand new day because that's what it is.
14. Weigh in, figure out what works for you and what doesn't
15. Measure all your food. Do you know what 1 cup of something looks like on a plate? I didn't and that's why I overate. Measure it or weigh it...period.
16. This bears repeating.........HANG IN THERE NO MATTER WHAT
17. When your clothes get too big, get RID of them and buy smaller clothes. Discover Goodwill or other thrift stores in your area. This will ease the guilt of spending the money on yourself for smaller clothes when you just new clothes a few weeks or months ago.
Please take what you wish from this and ignore the rest. Did I mention to "Hang in there???"
Keri : )