Saturday, September 26, 2009
Today, my BLC#11 Captain posed the following questions to our team. Here are my answers...
"How did you get where you are?" - I'm 5' 3" and weigh (this a.m.) about 179. By doctor charts, that means I am carrying about 40 pounds MORE than I NEED to be carrying...
I believe I got to where I am today due to:
1. The way I was TAUGHT to eat.
2. The way I was TAUGHT to live (getting enough to eat is more important than exercise)
4. And, of course, due to laws of physics...
When it comes to lifestyle, the most influential woman in my life has been my mother. She FED me...(It's all her fault - of course - ha!).
I'm over 50 now, and my mother hasn't FED me in a very long time...(except from that little place she talks to me from inside my head!)!
Now, I'm responsible for ALL of my own habits! So, the #1 REASON I may have gotten to where I am (for the past 30+ years) is, ultimately, due to not taking responsibility for myself - that is, by not paying attention to myself and by not appreciating myself the way I need to - and deserve to - be attended to and appreciated.
"How/What?where do you eat?" - I eat at home (kitchen) and sometimes in car - but not as much now as when my kids were younger and I drove them around more with activities.
"What habits led to eating too many calories?"
1. By eating everything in sight
2. Eating in front of the television (past behavior)
3. Unnecessarily LARGE portions (and seconds)
4. Being too busy to think about food or myself, plan, or breathe.
5. Feeling unloved and unworthy of nurture or care by self or by anyone (a "thinking habit")
"What situations or feelings make you want to eat unnecessarily?"
1. Feeling unloved and unworthy of nurture or care.
2. FOOTBALL GAMES!!! WHOO HOO!
3. Feeling lonely.