When Temptation Is Raising It's Ugly Head
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
We've all been there, either at work, out shopping, or watching T.V. That temptation of some sort of food that we know good and well is not good for us, when we are trying to eat healthy.
Almost like a beckon calling us to come try it, taste it, you got to have it. Then when we do give in, we wish we hadn't. I know it's hard to restrain ourself from old Temptation, I've been there a number of times, but I'm on the right track now and I'm going to keep it that way. The way I do it is:
1. Tell my self if it's not healthy, don't want it, don't need it, and it won't look good on me after I eat it.
2. When going shopping for food, I take my time before I buy, read the labels, do buy fresh fruit and Veg. and only get what is needed.
3. When going out of the house don't leave Hungry! Eat before you leave, take your water with you, if you going to be away for a while doing other things take a Healthy snack with you.
4. Work, School, etc. pack healthy foods you like for your lunch, etc. in portion containers, and if some one offers you something thats not Healthy just politely decline.
5. I would wear comfortable shoes, when going out so no matter where I'm at I can get some walking in.
These are things I do to help me, When Temptation is raising it's ugly head. Hope it will help you too.