Thursday, August 13, 2009
Almond Flax Muffins/Biscuits
2 1/4 C almond meal/flour
3 T coconut oil or palm oil
1/8 cup flax meal
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 C egg substitute
1/4 t salt
1 T "sweetening power" from artificial sweetener
1/2 C heavy cream
1/2 C other milky liquid - can be unsweetened soy milk, milk, cream, or half and half
1. Mix oil and almond meal together with a whisk, mixer or pastry blender until it's like coarse meal.
2. Add the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. If you're using liquid artifcial sweetener, put it in with the cream.
4. Mix wet and dry together, and let the mixture sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Drop by tablespoons on foil-covered baking sheet for biscuits. Or fill muffin pan with about 1/4 cup of batter in each muffin spot. (Use muffin baking cups for best results.)