Monday, July 20, 2009
I've been home for 2.5 months and today I cleaned out my backpack. The first thing I pulled out was my list of incentives for a healthy lifestyle and a day-by-day rating to see how well I'm doing.
I had the idea of awarding myself "stars" for how well I'm doing. Each qualifier is worth one star and I guess the idea was to have five 5-star days in a row.
Earning a star would consist of things like :
- Sleeping at least 7 hours each night
- Eating properly (or eating "clean" - that seemsto be the in vogue term around here)
- Working out (apparently I was aiming to do this 3 times per week)
- Stretching after workouts
- Talking positively to myself.
I had also indicated that I should take a brisk walk anytime when cravings attack.
I had also indicated what I was going to reward myself with everytime I lost 5lbs.
-160 lbs: eyebrows waxed
- 155 lbs - trip to La Senza Spirit
- 150 lbs - expensive jeans
- 145 lbs - Chanel Coco Mademoiselle perfume (my favourite stuff)
- 140 lbs - more expensive jeans.
Evidently I was 5lbs thinner when I wrote this. However, I'm not sure if 140lbs is a realistic goal for me anymore. At my very thinnest, I was 147 and I've only seen that number on the scale once. Losing even 1lb seems to be a stretch for me these days, so I guess we'll have to see.
But maybe I should re-do the list sometime.