A year ago I found Spark People. I had better hopes for where I'd be (regarding the scale) a year ago for today -- but the good news is:
1. I have made progress (even if it's small)
2. I'm still here and active on SP
3. I'm not going anywhere :)
13 lbs gone forever - not really an impressive number for being on here 1 year -- but @ least I feel that I am now the one "in control." For the past couple of years before I found SP I knew I was out of control - but wasn't sure why or what I was really doing wrong. I was working out (sporadically) and thought I was eating well too but wasn't getting any results.
Thanks to SP I'm now able to chart what I'm eating and see what's really going on. I love being able to track what I'm eating and see the calories that I'm consuming and what they're made up of. I am able to keep myself accountable by really knowing what's going in and not just having an idea. Thank you SP!
Good things/accomplishments for this year:
1. Did NOT gain! Eliminated 13 lbs
2. completed a half marathon
3. I'm drinking 64-96 oz of water most days
4. have been able to hold myself accountable with what I'm eating by tracking my food
5. have stopped the roller coaster -- I may be losing slow -- but the great thing is I'm maintaining in between.
6. I have gotten involved with SP. I'm a member of various groups and even a Co-Captain for one team.
7. I've made friends through SP and have been motivated by others on this site. Hopefully I've motivated other people too!
Things to improve/ Goals for the next year:
1. Continue to eliminate - goal = 30 lbs. by 2nd yr anniversary
2. Track Food during the weekend.
I'm losing ground over the weekend b/c I'm not tracking. My hard work isn't paying off b/c I'm taking off on the weekends. JUST DO IT! (and I bet I'll start seeing faster results)
3. Cardio. I was great w/ my training for the half -- but have slacked since then. Stop making excuses and start making time.
4. LIFT -- I know it's important to incorporate lifting and I feel better and stonger when I do it.
5. Reward myself -- this is a new concept for me - but I'm going to try it. A variety of things... maybe purchase a book or go to a class @ the gym (blocking out that time) getting a mani or pedi, etc...
6. Make working out a PRIORITY