New and Improved Design on SparkPages
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
We wanted to let you know about a new and improved SparkPage design that we launched today. SparkPages hold so much information that we wanted to make it easier to navigate a person's SparkPage and find exactly what you're looking for. The overall design is the same, but we've cleaned up the look of SparkPages and added some great new functionality, too. Here are some of the highlights of this redesign:
- Tabs across the top of each Page, which allow you to easily view a member's photos, friend feed, blog posts, and more. For example, if you're looking at someone's photos, you can quickly get to their SparkTeams, too.
- NEW Photo Pagination. When viewing a photo in someone's gallery, you'll now see links below it that say "Previous Image" and "Next Image" that allow you to scroll through the photos as if viewing them in a slideshow.
- NEW Comments on Photos. Members can now comment directly on each other's photos. When someone comments on your photo, you will receive an email letting you know.
- NEW Awards Page. Everyone has a tab at the top of their page called "Awards." This is where you'll find a member's SparkGoodies, SparkStreaks and SparkPoints trophies. We plan to add more options for special icons and awards to this section soon.
- More SparkFavorites. You'll find favorites under the "More" tab at the top of each Page. Now, your Favorites section includes SparkRecipes you're rated and saved as favorites in addition to your favorite articles, message boards and shared recipes.
- NEW Alert on Updated Intros. To clean up the page, we've shortened the amount of introductory text that shows, but you can still type as much as you'd like. Visitors can click on the "Read More" link to see your entire introduction. If you have updated your introductory text within the past 30 days, a note will show up there, letting visitors to your page know that they should "Read More" to see what's new.
At first glance, SparkPages look pretty much the same as before, but there are lots of improvements that came with this new design. We realize that our members take great ownership of their SparkPages, and we hope you'll discover that these changes give you even more control and functionality than before. Like any change, it might take some time getting used to, but we hope that you'll love the new design as much as we do!
Member Comments About This Blog Post
I noticed it first thing this morning! I LOVE the changes -- much more user friendly!
Thanks so much!!
2806 days ago
Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.