Saturday, January 24, 2009
Well, my journey began with more than 100 pounds to lose, and I am finally down to the last 20, or what I refer to as wrapping up Phase I of my health plan. I rarely, if ever, allow myself to recognize my own accomplishments, so I am using this blog as an exercise in "hats off to me"...trying to learn that I fit in the equation, and that I cannot be there for others if I don't start with a healthy and happy me. So here is some of what I have done on my Spark journey over the last 8 months:
1) I successfully quit smoking and gave up caffeine
2) I successfully donated 80 pounds to the Fat Gods
3) I successfully implemented a fitness plan and have remained faithful to it.
4) I successfully started a nutrition plan and have not strayed from it...not even once!
5) Through rain, snow, sleet, hail, brutal heat, freezing cold, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's...I have followed my plan to bring me closer to....
20 DARNED POUNDS TO GO!!!! Truth is that I am scared to death. I am scared to "succeed" (which is why I tried to splatter that word in front of me so much above). I am scared of what life will feel like in this body. I am scared of not being able to reach my ultimate goal.
Phase II will be "maintenance"...a new word for me to fear and conquer.
Thanks to all who are taking this journey with me, and caring enough to follow my story. I could not be doing his without my Spark family.
~More as the days go by....