Thursday, January 15, 2009
January is the perfect time to revisit your goals, setting both long- and short-term goals for the year. One thing we recommend is checking out SparkAmerica
, where you can set a goal to exercise for a certain number of minutes during 2009.
All SparkPeople members can see an ongoing total of their fitness minutes for each week, month and year by visiting the SparkAmerica page. Each time you track your workouts on SparkPeople—on the cardio tracker, strength tracker or QuickTrack—your minutes will automatically count toward these totals.
We recommend that you visit your SparkAmerica page and see if revisit your 2008 fitness minute goal and set a new goal for 2009. Here's how:
- Log in to SparkPeople (if you aren't already logged in).
- Go to the SparkAmerica page (under the Community tab).
- Scroll down the page until you find a red box on the left side titled "My SparkAmerica." Here, you'll see your current totals, as well as your 2008 and/or 2009 fitness minute goals (if you have set them).
- To edit your goals for 2009, click "Edit Minute Goals" at the bottom of the red box.
- Enter both a monthly and a yearly fitness minute goal. If you're not sure what to enter, 360 minutes per month (or 90 minutes per week) could be a good place to start.
- Click "Save Your Changes" and you're all set!
While you're on the SparkAmerica page, take a look around! SparkAmerica is our health and fitness challenge, where we encourage people to take small steps to become more active. One of the best parts of SparkAmerica is seeing the grand total of all the fitness minutes that all of our members have tracked. You can also see which cities and states are the most active on our Leaderboards (on the right side of the page).
Here's to a fit and healthy 2009!