Thursday, January 01, 2009
Another Year, another set of goals. In previous years I never started resoultions on Jan 1. Why? Everyone else does, and I am just not that kind of person. So I would start Feb 1 or March 1. Did they ever stick? .... Like everyone else. NO. So this year, why not start Jan 1? What's going to hurt?
Here are my resoultions:
1. Manage my diabetes better. Okay it's only been a few months since my diagnosis, but I let myself slip really bad the past few weeks. So Jan 1. I'll will test everyday, twice a day like the doctors want. I will take my medications (Metformin and Byetta) even though I hate the needles!!!
2. Eat better. I hate feeling like blah. My body is screaming at me about the carbs I did eat... so I've got to listen. I started e-diets again and the living with diabetes plan. I did really well a few years ago on that. Plus the journaling of the food is kind of already done for me. Makes dietician appointments MUCH easier. :)
3. Excersise. I just have to get off my lazy butt and work out. I hate fighting the gym at this time of the year, but I have my Gazzelle in my office, what excuse do I have??? 10 minutes is more than none! I even have the Wii Fit. Again... what excuse do I have???
4. Do more for me. Take a break. 15 minutes of quiet time. No phones, no email, nothing. Just me and my thoughts. I've been doing this now and again and has improved my blood pressure without meds. So I've just got to keep it up
5. Stay up on chores. (Another sneaky way to include excersise!!)
6. Stay on top of homework/readings. With work getting crazy (with the promotion/but still doing my job too) I've been letting homework get away from me.
So we'll see how well this works. I might be back Feb 1 setting new set of goals or revamping these. :)