Thursday, December 18, 2008
This is always a good place to track my recipe ideas. Today's ideas are adjusted from the Betty Crocker website. I like the ideas there, but completely replace the packaged items with homemade versions.
Green Chile, Egg and Potato Bake
1. make a hash with diced red potatoes, corn, bell peppers, and green chilis, fry it up fro a bit, then place in a casserole bowl, mix with shredded cheese
2. Beat some eggs and cottage cheese with oregano and garlic powder, then pour over potatos. Top with shredded cheese
3. Bake until done
Ham, Spinach and Cheese Strata
1. Briefly cook in frying pan spinach, bell peppers, and leeks. Layer this mix in baking dish over diced ham, then top with shredded cheese. (the recipe also adds some italian cheese bread, which I can't have, so I'm just leaving out entirely, so I guess it is more a quiche than a strata, though you add hash brown potatoes if you wanted)
2. Beat eggs with milk, dijon mustard, and pepper, then pour over ham/veggies/cheese. Top with more cheese (and hash/bread).
3. Bake until done
Cheesy Vegetable Risotto
1. cook onion/garlic in butter. Add rice and cook briefly.
2. Make risotto by adding broth 1 cup at a time until liquid is absorbed, and rice is done and creamy.
3. Add precooked frozen veggies and parmesan cheese, salt and pepper
Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1. Stuff chicken with a cooked mixture of onion, garlic, bacon mixed with raw spinach, egg, thyme, and italian cheese.
2. Bake until done.
Cheesy Mexican Corn Bake
1. Cook onion, red bell pepper, and green chilis, add corn, cook until unfrozen.
2. Beat eggs, sour cream, cornmeal until blended, add above mixture and shredded cheese. Pour into baking dish
3. Bake until mostly done, sprinkle with crushed corn chips (the recipe says french fried onions, I can't have those), bake until actually done.